10 ways you can BE BRAVE & MAKE CHANGE going forward.
Reconciliation Week is an opportunity to make some brave changes in your service or organisation and continue to make change into the future. National Reconciliation Week—27 May to 3 June—is a time for all Australians to learn about our shared histories, cultures, and achievements, and to explore how each of us can contribute to achieving reconciliation in Australia.
- Engage in truth telling Cultural Competence training.
- Collaborate and consult with community, families, staff and students to develop your own Acknowledgement of Country.
- Your Acknowledgement of Country takes place before all gatherings, meetings and is part of your classroom morning routine.
- Your Acknowledgement of Country is displayed. Have your Acknowledgement of Country displayed on a fine art print and framed with our range of Framed Acknowledgement of Country’s or work with one of our artists to have a custom artwork for your Acknowledgement of Country.
6. Prioritise First Nations perspectives, collaboration and consulation.
7. In consulation, name buildings, rooms, offices using local language.
8. Chalenge racism, stereotyping and your own implicit bias.
9. Source and allocate funding to engage or employ First Nations educators and advisors.
10. Support First Nations business.