A Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) is a formal statement of commitment to reconciliation.National Reconciliation Week calls for us to be brave and make change, for some, this may be the development of a Reconciliation Action Plan for your organisation. And this doesn’t have to be initiated by leadership, it is a great opportunity for you to drive it and develop your leadership skills.
But where do you start?
- Do your research and read similar organisations RAP’s.
- Visit Narragunnawali.org.au to explore the RAP journey.
- Approach leadership with your idea, having their commitment and support is vital to the success and sustainability of the RAP.
- Bring together a team of committed & passionate people that includes First Nations peoples and leadership, these can be staff, students, parents, and community.
- Sign up to Narragunnawali with your team and get started by completing a reflection survey, creating a vision for reconciliation, and assigning actions.
If you need assistance at any stage of your RAP journey please get in touch with us via our contact page.